A Distance BBA ( Bachelor of Business Administration) Program is an undergraduate program that allows students to learn, work and pursue multiple degrees at their own pace. There are many Distance Education institutes and colleges like IGNOU that offer a Distance BBA Course. The duration of this course is usually 3 to 4 years and anyone can pursue this course irrespective of the stream they had opted in 10+2. In this article, we will give you all the basic information related to this course. This course covers major concepts of management and Business Administrative operation that is carried out in organizations nowadays.
Distance BBA Course Eligibility Criteria
- The candidate must have completed 10+2 from any stream with at least 50% aggregate marks in the board examinations.
- The 10+2 must be completed from a recognized board.
Distance BBA Course Admission Criteria
There are no specific entrance examinations conducted to grant admissions to a Distance BBA Course. The selection of candidates is based on the merit obtained in the 10+2 examinations.
Top Colleges for Distance BBA Course
- SVKM’s Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (Course Fee – Rs 1.31 Lacs)
- Indira Gandhi National Open University IGNOU, New Delhi (Course Fee – Rs 27,000)
- The Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts of India (ICFAI) University (Course Fee – Rs 34,000)
- Amity University Noida ( Course Fee – Rs 4.92 Lacs)
- Sikkim Manipal University, Sikkim (Course Fee – Rs 97,500)
- Suresh Gyan Vihar University, Jaipur (Course Fee – Rs 98,500)
- Annamalai University , Chidambaram (Course Fee – Rs 15,950)
- Lovely Professional University, Punjab (Course Fee – Rs 75,900)
- Pondicherry University, Pondicherry ( Course Fee – Rs 9,975)
- Teerthanker Mahaveer University, Moradabad (Course Fee- Not specified)
Career Scope, Salary and Employment Areas after Distance BBA Course
There are good career opportunities offered to individuals after getting a BBA degree from any mode. Although the industry experts prefer to hire candidates who have done a regular BBA Course, this doesn’t mean that one’s career is not secure after pursuing a Distance BBA Course. With the right managerial skills and good knowledge, one can achieve well in their career. These are some employment areas one can get engaged in, after completing a BBA from distance mode:
- Finance Industry
- Advertising Agencies
- Digital Marketing Companies
- Manufacturing Units
- Media and Entertainment Industry
- Banking Services
- IT Companies
- Sales Sector
- Export Houses
- Consultancy services
Job Roles and Salary after Distance BBA Course
- Human Resource Manager (Average Salary- Rs 6.8 L.P.A)
- Business Consultant (Average Salary- Rs 9.94 L.P.A)
- Information Systems Manager (Average Salary- Rs 10.1 L.P.A)
- Business Administration Professor (Average Salary- Rs 7.24 L.P.A)
- Management Executive (Average Salary – Rs 5.45 L.P.A)
- Operations Manager (Average Salary – Rs 7.6 L.P.A)
- Financial Analyst (Average Salary – Rs 4.11 L.P.A)
- Marketing Manager(Average Salary – Rs 6.85 L.P.A)
- Business Development Executive (Average Salary- Rs 3 L.P.A)
Top Recruiting Organizations of DIstance BBA Graduates
Private Organizations that hire Distance BBA Graduates :
- Tata Consultancy Services
- Tech Mahindra
- Casting Networks
Government Organizations that hire Distance BBA Graduates:
- Steel Authority of India Ltd. (SAIL)
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation
- Bharat Heavy Electrical (BHEL)
- National Thermal Power Corporation Limited (NTPC)
- Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd.
- Gas Authority of India Ltd.
- Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd.
- Defense Research & Development Organization(DRDO)
Courses to Pursue after Distance BBA
You can either choose to get employed right after completing the course of Distance BBA or you can also opt to learn more and opt for further studies. If you are wondering about the type of courses you can opt for right after completing a BBA Course from Distance mode, then here is the answer :
- Master of Business Administration
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management
- Bachelor of Law (LLB)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Banking
Apart from these courses, if you still want to pursue a Higher degree through Distance mode, then you can go for a Distance MBA Course in any desired specialization such as Human resources, Marketing, Finance, etc.