In earlier times, people used to visit the doctor only when they feel sick but nowadays, preventative health care has become one of the most common practices. With the latest advancements in technology, people have become more empowered and well educated about their health. Most people are always seeking medical advice preventively in order to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Now, people want to maintain a healthy weight, diet, and level of physical activity so that they can lower the risk of various critical symptoms and chronic diseases. Every doctor suggests people get regular medical check-ups in order to keep their health in optimal condition. The medical professionals highlight the significance of prevention to lower the number of patients who need medical surgery.
Why are Regular Medical Check-ups Essential?
With the help of regular medical checkups, you can easily diagnose potential health problems before they even arise as an issue. People who want to retain a healthy lifestyle should visit their doctor on a regular basis so that their diseases and symptoms can be detected at the initial stage. With the help of early detection, people can get a chance to treat that illness quickly while avoiding all complications.
4 Armed Health care facility is offering a range of health services, screening, and diagnostic tests with various other treatments that can help you live a healthier and longer life. Following are the main benefits of getting regular medical check-ups.
- Increase the chances of cure and treatments
- Reduce the risk of having illness
- Improve health and enhance the lifespan
- Eliminate the chances of complications by monitoring the condition of the patient
- Also, reduce the cost of healthcare with time by avoiding expensive medical treatments
- Diagnose different life-threatening health issues at the initial stage
- You will be updated on the latest medical technology and information
- Try to make a good partnership or bonding with your doctor in order to make your treatment more efficient
Medical tests are usually done in order to diagnose any symptoms or diseases in a human body and obtain health-related information. Different medical laboratories and hospitals are offering a large number of medical tests, and most of the tests are specialized for a specific disease or a group of diseases. Following is a list of major tests that are often done to determine an individual’s health condition.
- Screening Test
- Diagnostic Test
- Monitor the response to any health treatment
- Evaluating the level of a disorder in order to plan the treatment
Types of Tests
Generally, a medical test can be used for multiple purposes. For instance, a blood test can reveal that an individual lacks red blood cells and is suffering from anemia, and after the treatment, the same test will be repeated in order to find out if the number of RBCs has returned to normal or not. After diagnostic and screening tests, most of the diseases can be cured at the same time.
You can find various types of medical tests, but the distinguishing line between those tests usually gets blur. Medical tests are mainly performed for the following purposes.
- Analysis of Body Fluids
- Measurement of Body Functions
- Genetic Testing
Every medical test has certain risks that may involve the probability of getting an injury during a test or lead you to further testing if the results were abnormal. Further medical testing is usually very dangerous and expensive. Doctors always prefer to weigh the risk of a test against the worth of the information it is going to provide.
Following are a few major types of medical testing which are classified by their purposes.
- Diagnostic Test
- Screening Test
Diagnostic tests are generally performed to determine the presence of a disorder in an individual’s body suspected of having that disorder. Doctors always prescribe this test so that the disease can be diagnosed and can be cured at the first stage. According to a research report, diagnostic tests have become the most critical feature of medical practice.
4 Armed Health is a well-known medical facility that is offering quality health care services. The first clinical course after the diagnostic test involves the implementation of appropriate medical treatment for the diagnosed disorder. During testing, it is not sufficient to know about the nature of the disease only but also the level of its development in the body.
Doctors always strive to determine the stage of the disease, its development, and whether it is normal or in deterioration. With the help of diagnostic tests, doctors can easily determine whether a particular treatment is effective for stopping the diseases’ development.
Screening tests are mainly performed to detect upcoming health issues or diseases in an individual’s body that is not showing any symptoms. This test’s main purpose is to detect the health disorders at an earlier stage to make certain lifestyle changes, eliminate the risk of diseases, and treat them earlier in an effective manner.
Screening tests are more valuable because of their ability to detect potential health issues while eliminating ambiguous and unclear results. These tests should be performed as per the healthcare professional’s recommendation because the screening test is not 100% accurate in every case. So, it must be done at suitable times.
Following are certain benefits of health screening which is highly essential to ensure optimal health for every person.
- With the help of health screening, you can easily identify the conditions or symptoms if a person is suffering from a disease that was not known before.
- Early diagnosis of a disease always results in good management and treatment, which also reduces the problems and worries while increasing optimal health chances.
- Growing age is one of the basic risk factors for different life-changing illnesses. But with early identification and treatment, your body can be provided with the best defense.
- Health screening is more important for people who have a family history of heart diseases, diabetes, blood pressure, or stroke as it can help them with the process of prevention and the right treatments.
The health screening generally takes between 30 minutes and half a day, and it mainly depends on the number of tests that need to be conducted. The most common tests involve blood tests, fecalysis, X-rays, and urinalysis.
Dr. Mark Wood is a specialized heart surgeon and always suggests the most effective medical tests and treatments in order to stop the progression of disease in an individual’s body. He strongly believes that every person should undergo health screening once or twice a year.