The bathroom is an area on the premise that has to be maintained with cleanliness. Bathrooms bear the brunt of human waste, and hence, it is imperative to keep them clean. From a hygiene point of view also, the area requires intensive cleaning to be always fresh and inviting. Nobody likes to step into a dirty bathroom. The idea of cleaning the bathroom may seem like an annoying task, but regular cleaning will save you from the intensive cleaning scheduled for a single session.
Hence, making it a habit to keep the bathroom clean regularly is an idea that will help you to maintain it sparkling clean. For some, cleaning the bathroom ranks the lowest in household chores simply because it is not a glamourous task. But it is an essential one. Moreover, a clean bathroom can easily impress your guests too. A few simple bathroom cleaning tips that you can adopt in your routine and make your lifestyle easy.
- Before starting with the actual business, ensure that you take out everything from the bathroom to block your cleaning process. Remove towels, cosmetics, essentials, and everything else that you stock on the countertop so that cleaning is easy and quick. A clear area is fast and simple to clean rather than a cluttered space with many items.
- Always make it a point to start cleaning from top to bottom. If you start from the bottom and then head for the top, you may have to clean the underneath area again when dirt falls from the top of the bathroom.
- Keep essential cleaning agents ready with you like cleaners, gloves, toilet brushes, disinfectants. Also, keep a dry cloth handy.
Now, let’s get to business. Here are the tricks that can save your time and energy to keep your bathroom sparkling clean:
- Toilet cleaning DIY
Yes, we do have home remedies straight out from your kitchen shelf for cleaning the toilet bowl. Grab the cola can, open it, and drop the contents inside the bowl. Allow it to sit for 10-20 minutes, and then take the toilet brush. Scrub it once and flush to find a sparkling clean bowl.
Alternatively, you can also take the mouthwash and pour ¼ cup of the content into the bowl. Allow the mixture to sit for half an hour. Use the toilet brush to scrub the area and then flush it.
Antacid tablets also play a great role in keeping the bowl clean. Yes, you read it right. Drop 2 tablets in the bowl and let it dissolve before you scrub the area and flush.
- Mild-dew cleaning
The shower curtain in your bathroom is susceptible to developing mild dew due to moisture present in the bathroom. Dip it in saltwater before putting it up. A few other tricks can also help to keep mild-dew at bay:
- Take 2 cups of water and add ½ cup vinegar and ½ cup borax in it. Pour it in the affected area and let it sit for 20 minutes before scrubbing and flushing.
- Try a paste of salt and vinegar. Apply it on the curtain in the affected area and let it stay there for 2 hours. Take a clean cloth and wipe it afterward.
- Take a liquid washing agent in a spray bottle and add a pinch of household bleach to it. Spray the mixture on the impacted area of the curtain.
- Ceiling cleaning
It is easy to miss or skip the ceiling area while cleaning the bathroom. But if you look up, you will find mild dew and grime waiting to welcome you. It appears gross. So keep a long sponge mop cleaner with a bucket ready for the cleaning drive. Now fill the bucket with an equal quantity of water and white vinegar. The solution is great for cleaning gruesome stains. Dip the mop brush in the solution, squeeze it, and then reach for the segment on the ceiling that appears dirty. Ensure wearing safety goggles to protect your eyes.
- Bathroom tiles cleaning
The tile crevice is easy prey to attract dirt and grime. It looks awful, and hence maintaining it clean is an inevitable task. However, you can make it simpler if you follow the following steps:
- Make a thick paste of borax, water, and baking soda. Take a used toothbrush and rub it on the affected surface with it. Wash it with clean water after the scrubbing is over.
- It is a delight to find that your new pencil eraser can erase the grime from the tiles.
- Sinks and countertops
Ceramic tiles and tubs around the sink area can appear gross with the accumulation of dirt. Moreover, the acrylic and glass bathing units also attract water spots and scums that require cleaning.
- Take a tub of hot water and dissolve 2 cups of salt in it. Use the solution to rub the affected surfaces.
- Take ½ cup vinegar and ½ cup baking soda in 4 liters of hot water. Allow the solution to sit in the affected area for some time before scrubbing and washing it away.
- To get rid of the rust stains that develop on the sinks and tubs, take toothpaste on the brush and scrub it. Wash it after 5 minutes to find it sparkling clean.
If you have removable shower heads, take them off and keep them in a bag filled with white vinegar and water for the night. The following morning, take it out from the plastic bag, rinse it, and attach it back in place.
If you have fixed showerheads, then dip the scrubber in the solution of vinegar and water and ensure that you let it sit for 30 minutes. Then scrub it again and rinse with water.
If you follow the simple tricks and tips to keep the bathroom clean, you will not have to indulge in tiresome and intensive cleaning sessions. Regular cleaning of the bathroom will keep your bathroom fresh. Once the cleaning is complete, spray a bathroom fragrance to keep the area free of odor. Ensure wearing safety goggles to protect your eyes. Grab the cola can, open it, and drop the contents inside the bowl.