Before purchasing your floor tile, it is important to become familiar with the terms of the care to choose the type and quality of the tile that best suits your needs. While there is no industry standard name for travertine grades, most establishments use the names listed below. So, both types of travertine are created using different cutting methods, not using different types of travertine tile floor.
Travertine is a beautiful option suitable for numerous uses and in a variety of environments. So, its long history indicates that this is a reliable stone, and the process of extraction and refinement clearly explains the uniqueness of each project. Ensure that you know what type of tile you are buying, the color you want, and the appropriate finish for your project before purchasing it.
Grades of Travertine Tile
- Standard or second year
- Commercial or third year
Types of Travertine
- Travertine silver
- Travertine Yellow
- The travertine of Silicon
- Travertine Crema Viejo
What criteria indicate good quality travertine?
Grades of Travertine Tile:
Three grades of travertine are premium, standard and commercial. A perfect cut, uniform-thickness tile of Premium quality sometimes is referred to as first grade. In addition, the standard grade also has a uniform thickness with excellent cutting. However, there will be a little more filler in the stone. The third-grade, or commercial grade, may not have a uniform thickness or be cut perfectly on all sides. Moreover, the stone will have a more incredible amount of charge.
1. Premium or first year:
- This quality offers the widest choice of colors without black or grey fading in travertine.
- Travertines are carefully uniform in color.
- The tiles are twice, first by machine, then by hand, if there are any holes left.
- None of the travertine of this quality will have large holes that have been filled in.
- So, the edges of the tiles are smooth and uniform in size with consistent edges.
2. Standard or second year:
- This quality offers the second-largest choice of grey or black fading travertine colors.
- We are careful to ensure that the travertine has a uniform color throughout.
- There are twice as many cards in the premium category.
- Some large holes are allowed in standard-quality Travertine tiles. In addition, some spots can be filled to the full thickness of the tile.
- The color may contain streaks or swirls.
3. Commercial or third year:
- Significant color variations are allowed in the tile, including grey or black markings.
- There is no problem with small holes, small sizes, or lap defects.
- There is no hand-filling of the tiles.
- It’s okay to fill in large voids.
- Small holes are allowed on the tile that is from the surface to the bottom.
- The edges can be cracked or broken.
- Last, it is possible to order tiles without selecting a color or sorting them.
Types of Travertine:
The movement of the water from the springs erodes the travertine, creating holes in the structure of the stones. The holes in the travertine cause the surface of the tiles to have small holes due to its cutting process. So, these are similar to the honeycomb design of the stone. However, particularly with polished travertine, resin fillers may be necessary.
1. Travertine silver:
Silver Travertine is a beautiful grey, brown, and black stone that comes from Turkey. No matter where you install it, the stone will look good. In particular, travertine is best for low-traffic areas, making it the perfect stone for vanity tops and tub surrounds.
2. Travertine Yellow:
This beautiful golden brown natural stone features layered textures and veins. So, you can’t go wrong with adding light to your space by installing it.
3. Travertine of Silicon:
Whether it’s a new top, a shower surround, or another surface, Silicon travertine will satisfy you. So, the stone is brown to beige.
4. Travertine Crema Viejo:
This stunning travertine offers a soft brown background with light and dark brown veins. So, this stone can greatly enhance the appearance of any area you install it in. There are many different varieties of this travertine of silicon that are available today. Because of its availability, it can be used in a variety of different ways in the home. It is easy to take advantage of this stone that will give you years of enjoyment from your home. Travertine tile can make any room in your home a beautiful and comfortable place to be.
What criteria indicate good quality travertine?
- Cut the tile at 90 degrees at all four corners.
- The color of the stone shouldn’t spoil my rust marks on either side.
- There should be no pores in the stone fill.
- The filling must be of a hard resin that does not splinter; cement is unacceptable.
- The side cuts must be perfectly perpendicular; a slope is unacceptable.
- The color of the tiles should be consistent throughout the batch with limited color variations.
- So, shipping crates must be sturdy wooden pallets suitable for forklifts.
- The face of the tile must be visible from both sides of the shipping crates.
Manufacturing of travertine tiles:
These tiles were typically manufactured from natural clay found in different countries including Turkey, Egypt, Greece, and Italy. The manufacturing process of these porcelain tiles used kiln-drying which involved heating and mixing the clay till it reaches a liquid state. Once the tiles reach this stage they can be easily molded into the exact size, shape, and color of the tiling surface. In addition to being extremely strong and durable porcelain tiles also look extremely beautiful due to their striking colors and patterned designs.
Also visit this link to get amazing offers on marble tiles: https://nesttile.com/products/ivrtrvtil1213
Travertine is one of the most versatile home-building materials you will find. From travertine tiles to travertine countertops and backsplashes, this natural stone is one of the most beautiful materials you can have in your home. If you’re not sure whether travertine is right for you. So, consider how often you will need to clean and maintain it and where the tiles will be used and how difficult it