If we do not clean our room, arrange our cupboard, make our bed, or do dishes. What happens? Obviously, we will feel sick and or feel less productive. If you are using your system for a very long time there are chances of many junk files, unused pictures being saved, and corrupting your system which you don’t even realize. Like cleaning is important for daily life, the same goes for computers too. Too much data can make the PC slow and start to malfunction. Sometimes there are piles of images saved unintentionally to remove that use Duplicate Photo Cleaner. Finding duplicate images is no easy task to do for that Quick Photo Finder will be the best application. It will not only remove all the duplicate images in one click but also boost the system and give it life.
So let’s learn about hacks to clean useless files and pictures for best performance:
Clean up your Disk-
Many people are unaware of the Disk cleanup tool present in Windows PC. It helps a lot to clear unwanted data like deleting extra junk files, web pages, logs, and many more unwanted files. It will free up some disk space and let the disk feel a little light. With these easy quick steps you can operate the disk cleanup tool:
- Select the disk you want to run disk cleanup on and right-click on it
- Click on the properties option from the list
- Then click on the Disk Cleanup button to proceed
- On the next window that appears select the files, you no longer want to keep and click on OK
- You can also use the Cleanup system files option on the left button to remove some recent files from the system
Scan for useless or Duplicate files and images –
there are many redundant files and pictures in our system we are unaware of. This can happen because of many ways like downloading any file twice, resharing, or saving the same files in different locations. Fortunately, windows provide this inbuilt feature to locate those large files that we no longer want. Go to settings then click on the system then storage. Run disk cleanup and get rid of temporary files, you can also sort files and delete them permanently. This feature surely works but it’s not easy and doesn’t show accurate results. So you can switch to a program that will complete the task precisely.
We recommend Quick Photo finder, with this pro application that is built with smart algorithms and will run a complete scan of your PC, detect and remove every duplicate or even slightly similar photo.
Following are the features and benefits of the Quick photo finder app:
- Intelligent algorithms– with this feature don’t worry about even a single picture left behind to scan. It will scan and find every similar and identical image.
- External support – it not only scans your PC but will also help manage space in your external storage devices like pen drives.
- Scan results in groups – after scanning the results shown by the Quick photo finder are in groups which makes it easy to select pictures and remove them.
- Provides filters – with this app you can apply different filters for more precise results. Filers like time interval, GPS, image size, and dimensions are provided.
- Drag and drop feature – while uploading files you can also just drag and drop it, which makes the work more convenient.
- Auto mark – auto mark allows you to select photos after the scanning is done and with just one click you can immediately delete them.
- More storage space – cleaning system means definitely more storage space, with Quick photo finder you can store what’s actually important and optimize system performance.
How to use Quick Photo Finder:
Step 1– firstly get the app by downloading it, it is compatible with Windows 10, 8.1,8 and 7.
Step 2– Go to downloads and install it by following screen instructions.
Step 3 – with the drop and drop feature add the folders you wish to scan, then click on scan, to begin with, the process.
Step 4– After the scanning is done review the resulting photos and auto marks them to delete with one click.
Check for Viruses and Spyware-
It’s possible that your system is infected via any malware that must have entered through any email with an attachment or many more ways. Use any antivirus software to check for viruses and remove them. It will not only make privacy better but also allow the system to function properly as it should.
- Go to settings and select Update and security
- Then open Windows security
- Under that, you will see Virus and Threat protection
- Click on quick scan to run a scan for malware
- After scan results will be displayed on the screen move further accordingly
To optimize speed change power settings-
Although it is not a very wise choice to make considering the electricity it will use. But this option will give a big push to the system to perform well. To change power settings to high-performance mode go to settings and click on system. Then click on the power and sleep option under that click on Additional power settings options and change the power plan to high mode. If you are using a laptop be aware of quick battery drain after high-performance mode. So after a while, you can again switch back to power-saving mode.
Remove unwanted apps and software-
There are many preinstalled software that we don’t realize exist in our computer and creates issues. These applications will take large amounts of space and hence slow down the speed of the computer. Removing them will give the system and boost and add more valuable RAM. Go to settings, and then you have to open Apps then Apps and features. Here a list of apps will be displayed, apply a filter, or use sort by look at the list and uninstall any app you wish to remove.
Turn Off Search Indexing-
Search indexing can consume a lot of system resources if you have a low-powered PC. While you research on your computer you will notice some slow actions, it can be avoided by changing some settings.
Open the start button and type Indexing on the search bar
Select the result and click on Modify
Under that unselect all the locations you wish to remove from indexed
If you want to change indexed files then select the Advanced option
Running a troubleshooter will automatically remove corrupt settings bugs and any reasons that can lead to system crash. With this in-built feature, you can detect and fix any errors that may be causing problems.
Open the control panel and then click on the troubleshooting option
Then Click on View all from the left side
Click on Hardware and Devices troubleshooter option and follow on-screen instructions
Useless files and images on a PC are common and can hog up valuable space. With these methods, you can remove them and speed up your PC. To avoid this kind of situation, keep a habit of organizing your digital gallery. This will eliminate the chances of accumulation of duplicate files and images.