Several times we face Discord server lagging issue while playing games or connecting with our friends. Well no more, after reading this article you will no longer face discord server lagging issues in your system. We have mentioned all the possible best ways to fix this issue and we advise to go through them all.
To many of us, Discord may be a new term but gamers are pretty well acquainted with it. In normal language, discord is a chat and voice application that is used by gamers while playing and is usually free. However, gamers do face problems in it and they face the discord server issue while playing. Discord is also used to share videos, audio, images, etc with fellow gamers. Since it is a medium to be connected with other players during the game, the discord server must work perfectly.
While you can always go with the manual ways, using a driver updater software like Advanced Driver Updater is highly recommended.
Best Workarounds To Fix Discord Server Lagging Issues:
Below are some of the best solutions that can help you fix the discord server issue.
1. Close Unwanted Running Applications:
We all know there are ample applications that run in the Windows background eating up CPU and can also interfere with the other applications. To avoid such a situation, it is recommended to close the unwanted background applications using the steps below:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys together to open Task Manager.
- On the Task Manager window, under the Application heading and locate the unwanted program.
- Right-click on them and click on End Task to close the unwanted application.
Once you have completed the above steps, use the discord app, you should be able to use it without any problems. However, if you are unable to fix the discord server lagging issue, we suggest you try the methods below.
2. Disable Hardware Acceleration:
Many times due to faulty or poor hardware, you may face discord server issues. So to resolve the issue another workaround can be disabling the hardware acceleration. To do so:
- Launch Discord and then click on the Settings button represented by a gear-shaped icon.
- From the Settings window. Locate Appearance from the left panel and click on it.
- From the right panel toggle off the Hardware Acceleration heading.
- Confirm the changes in settings by clicking on Okay.
If the problem was due to the hardware acceleration your problem must have been resolved after this. However, if not, try the other workarounds mentioned below.
3. Delete The Cache Files Related To Discord:
We all know that a Windows PC makes cache files for faster processing. However, with time even the cache files get accumulated making the program slow. Hence it is advised to delete the cache files of the Discord server to resolve the discord server lagging issue.
To achieve this, simply follow the steps below:
- Exit or close the Discord app.
- Click Start and then click the Run option.
- Type %AppData%/Discord/Cache and press Enter.
- Post this the new window will display the cache files. Simply select all the files and delete them.
Check if doing so has resolved the discord server issue. If not, we suggest you download the best driver updater software available.
4. Use A Driver Updater Software: Advanced Driver Updater:
There are ample driver updating utilities available in the market, but it is always recommended to use the best software available. Advanced Driver Updater by Systweak.
A driver is a piece of software that helps the system to communicate with the hardware devices installed on it.
Over time, these existing drivers get outdated, resulting in poor system performance and limited hardware functionality. Advanced Driver Updater scans your system and displays a list of outdated drivers. All you need to do to update to the most recent ones is click a button and optimize your Windows PC for a seamless performance. Using Advanced Driver Updater will simply update the driver related to the Discord server and easily fix the discord server lagging issue.
How To Use Advanced Driver Updater:
- Download Advanced Driver Updater.
- Once downloaded and installed, launch the software and click on Start Scan Now to scan for obsolete drivers.
- Once the scan is complete click on Update All to update the outdated or incompatible drivers.
4. Install Discord Again in the System
If the above-referenced solutions somehow failed to diagnos the Discord server lagging issue then try to reinstall the application again in the system
Step 1: Launch Control Panel and set view by as Category.
Step 2: Then, click on Uninstall a Program under the Programs category.
Step 3: Look for Discord and right-click on it to select Uninstall.
After the Discord uninstalled successfully, you can again download and install the application. Hopefully, after reinstalling the tool, the Discord keeps lagging problem will get solved.
Benefits Of Advanced Driver Updater:
Advanced Driver Updater comes with a variety of features and benefits that makes it the first choice of any user:
- Updates outdated drivers in a few simple clicks.
- Easily lists all the obsolete drivers.
- Takes a full backup before updating any driver which can easily be restored if required.
- Downloads and installs the latest driver with a single click.
- The easy schedule feature allows you to set an automatic schedule.
- Users can also exclude drivers from being scanned.
- Present in 14 different languages.
- Compatible with Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista and XP (both 32 bit and 64 bit).
Discord Server Lagging Issue (FIXED)
Getting interrupted between an interesting game with fellow gamers can be frustrating. In the above article, we tried to list down some of the easiest and most effective ways to fix the discord server lagging issues. While you can always try to fix the issue manually, we recommend you simply use the best driver updater software like Advanced Driver Updater and let it do the work for you.